Monday, February 06, 2006

Made in Taiwan

2/6/06
more pictures for you to check out...these are from my visit to taiwan to see my friends karen and landon...it's also where i went to my mediatation retreat for ten days...ten days being a buddhist nun...no talking, no writing, no reading, no exercise, nothing but 12 hours of meditation :) it was hard, but AMAZING!!!! enjoy the pictures...
this picture is taken in taichung...one of the larger cities in taiwan...it is of the confuscious temple in taichung...the architecture was incredible and all parts of this building were soooooo ornate :) from the ceilings to the floors...plus, the altar in the center portion was mind-blowing...

here's the altar inside the building....wowowowowow....i was just amazed at how beautiful a building could be...don't you think!!!!

these two pictures are of the place i stayed at while doing my retreat for meditation...on the left is the totami mat i slept on, next to windows because it was soooooo hot...and on the right is the bathroom i used...yes, its a squatter sort of bathroom...but very, very clean....
this shot is of me and the lucky "business" styled budha...it was a great statue and made me smile...now if he would only make me independently wealthy.....hahahahaha....here are my friends karen and landon and two of karen's english students...we went to a friday night market together and i won a remote controlled mini cooper....but of course i couldn't carry it in my backpack...so i gave to landon and karen to enjoy :)

No comments: