Friday, July 21, 2006

the beginning of my seattle trip

7/20/06 - okay...i have decided to keep updating today as i am starting to really fall behind with pictures and updates from the road....i was on vacation for five weeks and am now in the process of saying goodbye to friends and family....and i leave in 13 DAYS!!!!! wowowowowow...time is flying...so on with the trip...

for my trip to seattle and area i rented a car...and you wouldn't believe what i ended up with...i had worked out on-line a great deal for a compact car...but when i got to the rental place they gave me an SUV...ME...an SUV....can you believe it!!!! i brought it back and said i would wait for a compact or economy car...due to the ethical/moral values i have, teaching environmental science, being one person and the price of gas, i refused the SUV....so after waiting for 45 minutes...they gave me...are you ready???? a convertible PT cruiser, turbo, brand new...it was a lot of fun...let me tell you...and lots of folks i visited took a ride...i actually put 1400 miles on the car in 12 days...gotta love it....it was really cute too...below is the shot of me and the car...doncha love it...i sure had a lot of fun driving it around....

after finally getting the car, i started my whirlwind visit with folks and my first stop was lunch with my friend victoria and her baby daughter zella....unfortunately debbie wasn't feeling well, so i only got to see zella with one of her mommies :) but what a cutie...it was great to meet zella and catch up with victoria...

after lunch with victoria and zella i headed into wallingford to meet my friend tom, who was headed to india the day after he saw me for the summer, yes, you read that correctly....he was headed to india...tom is a writer and is working over there this summer with his tamil teacher and other artists...we went to this authentic thai place for thai iced teas and some tom sum....yummy....and then tom went for a ride in the car...

okay...its time for me to end this update...as the pictures won't update again...but there will be another in just a few minutes....take a deep breath and say ahhhhhhhhhhhh.....

No comments: