Sunday, August 27, 2006

another car shot and my classroom...

8/27/06 - here's another shot of my cute, non-radio car...i am a bit bummed that i will probably have to buy my own radio...but i figure i will suck it up and deal and get a good sound system :)okay....blogger won't let me post it...but it shows the car parked on the sidewalk...as that is the way things are done here...

so instead here's a shot of my classroom...i figured i should throw this in here as i spent a great deal of time in it for the past two weeks...my first week of school went well...but i have my work cut out for me with the eighth grade as they all came in the first day saying they hated science...i will just have to winthem over...send good vibes for success...


the final shot is a funny one...as i received it in my mailbox..."nice to eat you"...like in many foreign countries, romanians like to have things in english...its seems "classier" or more "educated"....but it is amazing how many times the english is really NOT what they wanted to say...people walk around with funny things on their clothes and ads on the streets or on menus in restaurants or just wrong...its just a way of life here...i am hoping to get a few pictures like this...they just make you laugh out loud...enjoy :)

2 comments:

Cara said...

That would be a great submission to engrish.com.

dani said...

one of the funniest websites ever...i wonder if they have one here in romania...i'll have to look into it :)